At CIFI we aim to make a positive change in our communities. If you’re looking for a career that allows you to make a tangible difference in Indiana, apply to CIFI today
Regional Business Development Officer
Community Investment Fund of Indiana Inc (CIFI) is a private, non-profit small business revolving loan fund and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). CIFI provides loans and assistance to clients who live and work in Indiana and may not qualify for traditional financing. Its primary market includes low to moderate-income individuals and families. It contributes to community economic development by financing small businesses that create and retain jobs. CIFI provides loans to new and existing small businesses ranging from $10,000 to $250,000. CIFI works with public and private sector community economic development organizations to secure and leverage funding to support small business ownership for historically underserved populations.
CIFI has loaned over $5 million and leveraged over $50 million to small businesses that have created or sustained over 600 jobs. We participate in collaborative efforts to foster an environment where a small business enterprise can grow and ownership for low to moderate-income individuals can be increased. We advocate for creating economic opportunities for small businesses in places and communities that need it most. The organization was created in 2010 and has offices in Indianapolis and Hammond Indiana.
The Regional Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for deploying new loans and maintaining relationships with the portfolio of existing borrowers. The BDO will promote CIFI’s lending program and development services. Coordinate with key referral partners to identify small business clients who need loans. The BDO provides ongoing development services to new and existing clients to ensure business sustainability and success. The BDO will be based in Hammond Indiana.
- Market CIFI’s loan products and provided development services to prospective clients
- Create and maintain client referral networks with banks, borrowers, and stakeholders.
- Respond to loan inquiries and assist potential borrowers with the development of loan requests in alignment with CIFI’s lending strategy, credit guidelines, and loan products/program availability.
- Work with lenders and prospective borrowers to complete due diligence and analysis of borrower needs, and to assist in underwriting and/or structuring loans.
- Develop and manage clients in the loan pipeline.
- Prepare and perform quarterly marketing and activity plans.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (some overnight travel required).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to efficiently meet organizational deadlines.
- Ability to take a project idea to completion, develop solutions, and creatively solve problems.
- Independent, self-directed and a self-starter, with an ability to work closely with all team members
- A passion for mission-driven small business lending and efforts that support the development of underserved individuals and communities in the Northwest region of Indiana.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Products, particularly Word and Excel
- In addition to minimum qualifications, the successful candidate will be familiar with existing federal, state, and local community economic development programs that support small business lending and.
- Have 3 to 5 years of small business lending experience.
Salary Based on experience and qualifications
This is a full-time position. The salary range is $40,000 to $60,000. In addition to base salary, performance incentives can be earned for exemplary work and loan production.
Candidates may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to Community Investment Fund of Indiana. Application materials can be emailed to info@Capitalizingindiana.org. Additional contact information is listed below.
Community Investment Fund of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information
Please contact us by email:
By USPS mail to:
Community Investment Services of Indiana
4181 E 96th Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240