At CIFI we aim to make a positive change in our communities. If you’re looking for a career that allows you to make a tangible difference in Indiana, apply to CIFI today
Business Development Officer
Community Investment Fund of Indiana (CIFI) is a statewide Community Development Financial Institution certified by the U.S. Department of Treasury. It is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, and provides small business and microenterprise loans ranging from $10,000 to $250,000. We provide development services to clients who are starting or expanding a small business and who may not qualify for traditional financing. The range of client development services includes personal credit capacity building to business plan development and refinement. We work with community economic development partners, and multiple public and private sector organizations to secure and leverage funding to support small business ownership for low-income and historically underserved populations.
CIFI has loaned over $5 million and leveraged over $50 million in financing to small businesses that have created or sustained over 800 jobs. We participate in collaborative efforts to foster an environment where a small business enterprise can grow and ownership for low to moderate-income individuals can be increased. We advocate for creating economic opportunities for small businesses in places and communities that need it most. We inform banks about CIFI lending programs and seek client referrals.
Created in 2010, The Community Investment Fund of Indiana Inc is a private, 501(c)3 Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for representing the Community Investment Fund of Indiana (CIFI) in promoting its programs and services. Coordinate with key lending partners to identify clients needing a loan to start or expand a small business. Assist clients with packaging loan requests. Perform credit analysis and provide ongoing development services to new and existing clients to ensure business success and sustainability. Contribute to data collection activities to track success and impact.
- Market CIFI’s development services and lending products to partners and develop and manage relationships with partners, borrowers, and stakeholders.
- Respond to loan inquiries and assist potential borrowers with the development of loan requests in alignment with CIFI’s lending strategy, credit guidelines, and loan products/program availability.
- Work with prospective borrowers to complete due diligence, and to perform loan underwriting and analysis of client loan applications.
- Prepare quarterly market promotion and activity reports.
- Develop and manage clients in the loan pipeline.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong sales and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (some overnight travel required).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to efficiently meet organizational deadlines.
- The ability to take a project idea to completion, develop solutions, and creatively solve problems.
- Independent, self-directed, and a self-starter, with an ability to work closely with all team members
- A passion for mission-driven small business lending and efforts that support the development of underserved individuals and communities in Indiana.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Products, particularly Word and Excel
- Familiarity with existing federal, state, and local community economic development programs that support small business lending.
- 3-5 years of lending experience.
- Experience working with Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI)
Salary Based on experience and qualifications
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits including health insurance. Performance incentives can be earned for exemplary work and loan production. Salary Range $40,000 to 70,000.
Candidates may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to Community Investment Fund of Indiana. Candidates should email a resume and cover letter to to info@Capitalizingindiana.org. Additional contact information is listed below.
Community Investment Fund of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information
Please contact us by email:
By USPS mail to:
Community Investment Services of Indiana
4181 E 96th Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240